The old Eveready site in Harrower Road, Port Elizabeth The old Eveready site in Harrower Road, Port Elizabeth, side view
Today, the battery manufacturing facility in Eveready Road, Port Elizabeth
Head Office, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Eveready began in Port Elizabeth in 1937, and established itself the battery manufacturer in South Africa.
In 1996 Eveready was acquired by Duracell and became part of the multi-national, Gillette. Having invested extensively in the plant, Gillette exited all non-core battery brands globally in 2003.
Eveready embarked on a new chapter in its history as it became an independent South African company. Maintaining its position as the dominant battery brand in South Africa. As an independent company Eveready’s growth has continued and is highlighted by:
- The re-launch of Eveready alkaline battery range
- The expansion of the brand into lighting
- The establishment of Eveready export brand ecocell
- The establishment of an ESL manufacturing facility in its Port Elizabeth plant
- The acquisition of Kestrel Renewable Energy
- The acquisition of House of York
- The launch of a complete range of household lighting products
To read more click here